The Forge Inn League Cup Competition
"The Quiz Equivalent of the FA Cup"
How does the League Cup work?
- The League Cup will run along side the normal league
- League weeks 1 to 4 will act as the qualifying period
- If you are in the top 8 of the league after week 4 you will qualify for the "League Cup" competition
- If you qualify for the cup your team will be put into the hat and randomly drawn against another team in the top 8.
- Week 5 and 6 (Quarter Finals) will be a two legged match with the team who scores the most points over the two weeks will qualify for the semi finals.
- Week 7 (Semi Finals) will be a one legged match with the team who scores the most points will qualify for the final.
- Week 8 (The Final) will be a one legged match with the team who scores the most points will win the league cup.
- In the event of the teams being on the same points at the end of any round the tie will be decided in the following way:-
- The team who scored the highest overall in round 5 will win, if that's a tie then
- The team who got the most correct answers in round 5 will win, if that's a tie then
- The team with the lowest amount of incorrect answers in round 5 will win, if that's a tie then
- Both teams will be put in hat and the team drawn out will win
What are the prizes if we win the League cup?
The team that wins the league cup will have a team photo taken with the priceless 24 carat plastic league cup (you can't keep the cup as its far to valuable!!!), 5 National lottery Scratch cards plus the honour of being the league cup champions. The runners up of the league cup will receive 3 National lottery scratch cards.